Tuesday, June 03, 2003

life... and love... and... SCHOOOL!!

   I want to be a filmmaker. I want to direct movies. I don't want to make movies to be famous, or rich, or popular. I want to make films to inspire and inspire. The idea of sitting behind a Panavision Panaflex 35mm film camera makes my blood boil! To see the lighting, composition, texture all come to love and to tell a story is so awesome. It's also around $30,000 a year. Brooks Institute costs around $30,000 a year (baseline). I've run the FAFSA and looked into scholarships. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any scholarships. No word on the FAFSA. I'm also looking at Full Sail as a school. Full Sail looks very promising as a technical school, Brooks like very promising as an artistic school. See, here's the cool thing. At Brooks your homework is to make movies. Again.. your HOMEWORK is to make movies!! To shoot films! How awesome is that! To shoot films with other people who love to make movies! So sweet! I'm working on a movie with a friend of mine right now. It's called "The Lackey Movie", the only problem we have is money. We need money for equipment. We have actors, a script, locations, wardrobe etc.. just no camera. It's ok though, it'll happen.

One route I've looked at is the military. Then I stopped looking at that route.

    I want to be a musician. I'm in a band called "Two Or Three". I play drums, Josh plays guitar and does lead vocals, John plays bass and backup and Ben plays keys. And overall I would have to say that our music rocks. Like, I really do enjoy playing our music. I tease Josh sometimes because we'll start rehearsal and he'll say "I wrote another song last night". He writes songs like everyday. Which is cool, but I have a hard time learning our songs in the first place. No worries, though we have print outs of our music for me to study now. Anyway, we'll be recording a new CD soon and I'll put some tracks up. At this point, I think our music is good enough to tour with. It's not about being on stage, or the cheering crowd, the opportunity for ministry is so incredible. Honestly, with being a musician (that people like) there comes a certain amount of power(?). People will come to listen to you, and you can tell them about the gospel! SWEET! Plus, I could hang out with my best buddies and play really awesome music.
    A little over a year ago, I got on my knees told God that I was ready to give him my life and use my talents. I wanted to be a pastor, I wanted to play music, I wanted to be a director and I wanted to do it NOW hehe. The next day, I got a phone call about Action House. A ministry does spreads the gospel using music, drama, and a television program, oh yeah.. they do missions trips to. Praise God!

I want to be a filmmaker, I want to be a musician. Time to get in my knees. -BRiAN

No comments: