Tuesday, August 31, 2004

It's been a pretty eventfull since I last wrote. This week alone is going to be pretty crazy/sexy/cool. I got a call from John at Lakewood about this Thursday. Apparently the director of ministries, or something like that, is going to be in town and would like to meet with me. I'm waiting for a call back so I can find out exactly when they want to meet. That way I can ask for a certain part of the day off. This Friday I'm playing bass in the Stephen Petree Band. This will be my third gig with them so far, I think. I do play with Steve every Sunday at Overcomers church, though. I either play bass or drums. This Friday I'll be playing bass (my third instrument in the order of experience). The gig is at the Dream Center coffee house. They have a live band every Friday night and I really think we'll be one of the better ones to have played there. I also recieved a call from John at Lakewood (no, that's not his full name) saying that they want to fly me out in September. It looks like I'll be flying out the third weekend at this point. To me, this is a very good sign. I'm excited about the job and I'm also peacful about it at the same time. There are a few factors that are at play in this cornerstone in my life. One of the biggest is my relationship with Danielle. I have to consider how this will affect our relationship. Anna said something to me about long distance relationships and I'll sum up what she said with this: distance either deepens or dissolves a relationship. I really feel for Danielle. Many of her friends are leaving the Dream Center for different reasons within a very close proximity of time. That's got to be hard for her. Everyone she knows is here. I couldn't imagine getting off of work and not having someone to go to after a long day of dealing with crap. I must remember to pray for her. Danielle's family is going to be visiting in October. This is a very good thing. Her two sisters and Dad will be flying in. When her Dad arrives he will, apparently, hug her for a very long time, cry, then hug me. I'm really looking forward to meeting her family. I haven't talked with her Mom yet, but she sounds like a wonderful lady.

No comments: