Thursday, August 12, 2004

Today I met with John and a few of his associates from Lakewood church. But, let me back up a little bit. I received a phone call from John Wednesday afternoon saying he was going to be in Anaheim that day and Thursday. He wanted to know if I could meet with him while he was down. I told him I would work it out. After talking with Cliff and Craig they agreed I could meet with him Thursday morning at 7:30. There were a few problems associated with this descision. The first was I was doing a shoot Thursday afternoon at 1:30 pm. So that meant I had to get from Anaheim to Los Angeles by at least 12:30. Anaheim to LA is at least 40 minute drive without traffic, which means it's a 1 1/2 hour drive. The other was I would have to get up around 5:30 so that I would be at the hotel to meet John on time. Thankfully my Uncle Kevin lives in Anaheim and was kind enough to let me stay with him on very short notice. In fact, I met up with him at an Angels baseball game. We had a great time. They were very hospitable and it was all good. I arrived at the hotel about 15 minutes late because of traffic and parking (or lack of) at the Marriott. I assumed there would be a standard parking lot. But no, they have to have a parking structure or valet! Insane! So I park and rush to the hotel. They had allready eaten so I ordered a Denver omelet and ate about 5 of the potatoes orgaten. That was it for breakfast for me. I spent my with with John and his three associates talking about the job, my experience and life at Lakewood. In the middle of our conversation we were joined by a guy whose name was Decon I think. The reason I'm confused is because when he introduced himself his last name sounded like a first name so I got the two messed up. I later found out that Decon was the guy that gives the "OK" or "no" for my job. We had a great converstaion. After breakfast John asked if could go with them on their scouting trip. We visited Angels stadium again then "The Pond" in Anaheim. It was kind of strange because I was just in Angels stadium the night before. Weird. At the end of the day they gave me $100 to take care of my expenses going to Anaheim and back. Danielle was also kind enough to lend me $35 the night I had to leave. She also let the seam out of my pants so they were long enough. She is so amazing. All in all I felt really good about the meeting I've had with the guys at Lakewood and am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for me.

No comments: