Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Over the past few weeks I've been talking with Craig Johnson at Lakewood Community Church. They are looking for a 20 something year old to fill a new position in their media department. The position would involve developing various media "teams" to produce events and videos for the various church functions. This person would work with the Youth and Children's ministries, as well as other ministries. So, I've had two very good conversations with Craig. The first one was to let him know that I heard about the opprotunity. The second was to talk with him and John. John does alot of the media work for the "main" service at the church. We had our second conversation today around 1 pm. John asked me a ton of questions and I answered all of 'em. I told him about my background in media as well as what I'm currently working on. They were both very impressed. As of now, things are looking quite good. They are going to call me later this week and discuss the position a little bit more. If in our next conversation they don't bring up having me come out I'm going to bring it up. I'll pretty much tell them I'd like them to fly me out so I can visit the church and get a feel for the enviroment I'm going into. We'll see what happens. The amazing thing is how awesome God has been through all of this. He's given me peace when I've asked for it and been gracious in my weakness. The hardest part is the WAITING! The waiting is driving me crazy. They'll call me by the end of the week. WHEN!? AHH!! I must know! It'll be ok, though. I have plenty of things to keep me occupied.

No comments: