Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Only two days until I drive out of California and off to Texas. The last few days away from Los Angeles have been really nice. I've been to the Carlton about three times. Once to visit with friends, once with my Mom and finally again to visit with friends. It's beautiful inside. Finally, a nice place to go in Atascadero. I went to get my car checked out today for mechanical safety on the trip to Texas. Apparently I have about $1,000 worth of things to fix. I op'd for only $500 for a timing belt change. Thankfully my parents were able to help me, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it. I'll do the rest of the changes once I can afford to do them one by one. I miss Danielle. She's in Kansas and I'm here in California. I know I'll see her for a few weeks in February, but it seems far away. I also know that she's going to be miserable at the Dream Center without her friends and without me. I'm going to be in Texas with a new job, a new place and the beginning of a new life. On the up side, Danielle will be leaving the Dream Center around the middle or end of February. One way or another, in April we'll be together forever and that's what matters. As the time draws near to leave and start anew I'm both excited and nervous. It's exciting talking with people about my new job especially if they know about Lakewood Church. It's also kind of nerve racking because I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing in Texas. It's a big job with lots of potential.