Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I've been meeting with Stephen and the band the past two nights to rehearse for the Sunday night concert. I expect there will be at least a few hundred people there. The process of learning a song on the bass guitar and learning a song on the drums are very different endeavors. On the drums you learn rhythm and sections, on bass (or any other non-rhythm instrument for that matter) you learn notes. So, I have to learn to memorize music now, which I never even did while playing guitar for worship because I had the music in front of me. All in all, I'm really glad I'm learning to play bass. The thing that makes it all easier is that the music really rocks out. It's rockin', fun, purposeful music. Stephen has been really patient with me and even called me on my way back from rehearsal tonight to tell me I did a great job. He even mentioned how impressed he was that I'm learning so fast. Tonight is going to be a long night. I have to get the Plus One show finished so I can dub tomorrow. Thankfully I know what I'm doing and it should be a fairly painless process. I just finished the intro montage, which was going to take a long time. Now I have to add B-roll to the interviews, music then adjust the audio. After that is titles for the music videos, the AHTV logo. Finally, I master the audio then put a filter on the video so the networks can accept it. After all of that is said and done, I'll goto sleep, dub it onto DV in the morning then begin the dubbing process for the networks. Wish me luck!

No comments: