Monday, January 05, 2004

So, I'm back at Action House, sitting behind my little desk with my little computer. I found out that I came back about a week earlier than I needed too. This means that I have a chance to create a new opener for the new season. Everything is so new and shiny, awesome. Christmas memories begin here. I realized this year that I got everything I asked for. And I really didn't like the overall process. Sending off e-mails to parents asking for things and expecting them to just get them for me. It seems so selfish. I know that my parents and family don't mind I don't have much money to get them nice things too, but of course I feel bad about it. I wish I could get awesome stuff for 'em. Overall, I am glad to know that I was able to spend time with them. And what's up with going back home and spending more time with friends than family? I found myself staying at my old house with my old roommate more than at my Mom's house (where my clothes and stuff were). Weird. Lame, really. My sister wanted to hang out with me allot. I like hanging with her. One day we hit three different thrift shops. Like a whirlwind, baby! My Mom wanted to go jogging with me one morning, but we both got up too late. My Dad and I hung out the day before I left. We played pool and he scratched on the 8 ball, but he racked on me the rest of the time. The more I hang out with my Dad, the more I realize that I get allot of my personality from him. The humor, especially. I love my Dad. I love my Mom. I love my sister. We have a whole new batch of interns coming in this week. It's going to be a really exciting and fun time for them. We'll see how many make it. Unfortunately, before the new year, we had to let go of about three interns. Action House is a pretty hard program for some people to get through. Early mornings, stressful situations, last minute projects and lots of humility. It's such a big picture thing for many it's easy for them to loose sight of the big picture and focus on their worries.

No comments: