Saturday, January 24, 2004

Today has been, by far, one of the top three best days of my life. It started at 8:15 am. Myself, Billy, Craig, Lars, Yoshiko and Clay went to a film makers seminar in Bel Air. The 168 film project hosted it with lunch and everything. There were speakers on writing, pre-production, casting, lighting and makeup. It lasted from 9-5 and was awesome! After that things got a little strange, but ultimatley good. We have a new intern by the name of Faith, and a yesterday I was told we were having a birthday party for her. I thought this was strange because her birthday isn't for a looong while. I had all but forgotten about this birthday thing until Craig got a call on his cell phone. He told me that the interns were calling to make sure I was at the birthday party. I told Craig I was thinking about not going, but he told me they wanted to really make sure I was there, so I said alright. Billy wanted to leave the seminar around 4:30 so we could get to the Dreamcenter to eat dinner around 5:00. We showed up at the Dreamcenter around 5:15 and barely made it into dinner. As I was eating Billy mentioned that he was going to make an "apperance" at Faith's birthday party and reminded me once again to be sure to make it on time. I told him I would try and kept eating. As I was almost finished he stood up and asked me if I was done. I told him I was and he grabbed my tray (which doesn't happen very often). At this point I started to wonder what as going on. Billy and I left the cafeteria and headed toward the lounge. As I got there, everyone started arriving. Maya (one of our interns) said: "Thanks everyone for coming to Faith's birthday party. But, actually this isn't her party. It's a party for someone who has been doing alot for us latley. He's helped us whenever we've needed it and has always been there. We decided to throw it for him because he's been so willing to take the time to help us learn. Brian, we want to say thank you for teaching us so much and taking time out of your day for us. This party is for you!" I almost cried. I was so suprised and humbled by the generosity of the interns it was amazing. I had just finished teaching a five day course and it had totally worn me out, so to see the fruit of my labor was incredible. God really suprised and blessed me. This has been a great day.

No comments: