Friday, April 16, 2004

Long day! Long and awesome day. I picked up at Nikon D1h from a guy named Ernie on Wednesday. I did a shoot for Ernie a few weeks back at a Latin Christian music thing. I hated the shoot, but because of it I met this guy. And because of that I was able to do some photography for Dream House. I didn't really mind using a digital camera. It was nice to be able to see my shots as I took them, but there were some funky things about it. Overall, it was a good shoot. I did the shoot for Dream House after Church. After that I was suppoused to meet up with Sally to film some behind the scenes footage of Michelle Williams music video shoot. When I got back to my car I found it with the battery DEAD. LAME! I do that SO often! I called up Sally to let her know then I got ahold of Kathy to jump the car. While waiting for Kathy I tried to get the thing into neutral, to no avail. So we tried to get Kathy's car manuvered next to mine. After many tries and the help of "momma" (the parking lot security lady), we found ourselves about a foot short for the jumper cable. I jumped into Kathy's truck, went to an auto parts store and picked up some jumper cables. I'll pick up one of those portable battery things soon too, but they're like $80. Thank God for the Dream House shoot (I got paid for that). So I finally get the jump and meet Sally at the shoot. She takes off and Billy and I stay. We ended up gripping for the shoot and I still shot the behind the scenes footage. I'll never forget this one thing. It was a late shoot and at one point a guy in the apartments near the shoot starts yelling at us because of the lights and music. At one point he yells "Selfish empire!" and that's it for him. So funny. Time for sleep.

No comments: