Monday, April 12, 2004

So much to say. I haven't been writing because things have been busy lately. First, work.     We're meeting on Thursday afternoons to talk about and plan the "Action House TV Awards". Yes, we actually want to start an awards show. It will be for Movies, Music and Entertainment. Now that I think about it Movies and Music are forms of entertainment, so it might be time to re-think that slogan. Anyway, we're going to go all out for this, invite artists, actors, directors etc. We're going to hold it at Angelus Temple here in Los Angeles, so that covers a tremendous amount of cost. I'll probably end up directing the event. I'm excited because this could be very awesome.     We are leaving for Nashville in two weeks! So exciting! This year should be a bit more relaxed than the year I went as an intern. We have around 30 interviews as opposed to 50. We also submitted an equipment list for the trip which includes a new light kit, wireless mic/receiver, and boom mic. If we get those, stuff will be awesome. We've interviewed everyone that is going to be there, so they know us and love us which is very good. I've also come up with an ingenious plan for preparing to edit the shows we shoot. I'll bring Sally's external hard drive, and my laptop to import the footage for editing while we are STILL in Nashville! YAY! That will save us tons of time. Plus, Sally's external has plenty of room for doing something like that.     On another note, the DV deck we got back recently is busted already. Lame lame lame lame!! So frustrating! Hopefully, we'll have a solution soon. Thankfully the other deck we sent away for repairs came back the day we had problems with the first deck. Now, let's head over to the film making portion of my life.     I sent off a script to Maggie so she could put together some conceptual art. Thanks Magz! You seriously rock my face off! The script isn't completed yet, but I have enough to bring to Lars and Clay so we can start writing some more for a 30 min screenplay. It's a pretty good story, I think. I'll post the art when I get it from Maggie. Other than that not much is going on with films right now. I need to just start writing and shooting stuff. Let's tune in now to Brian's personal life.     I saw "Dead Poet's Society" lately. After watching, I seized the "Carpe Diem" concept. For example, there is this girl named Katie who lives here at the Dream Center. I've seen her around and said hello every once in a while but haven't gotten to know her. About a week ago, I was sitting in the cafeteria with some of the Action House crew when I saw her at another table eating alone. I said, "Excuse me boys, I need to go carpe diem." So, I got up and sat down with her. We had a great conversation and I got to know her a bit. So, that was good.     More recently, I took some interns out to lunch. While we were eating we saw a cute girl sitting at the counter in the restaurant eating. I called the waitress over and told her that I'd like to buy the girls lunch (got that one out of my Dad's playbook, you rock, Dad!). So the waitress let her know. When she was done eating she came over to the table, introduced herself and told me she worked in the evening at the that restaurant and that I should come in sometime. So, I will. Good times.

No comments: