Saturday, February 05, 2005

The past couple of weeks have been busy :). I've got everything setup in my office. I've even completed the first video! Paul Osteen is doing a sermon on "The Love Languages" (if you don't know what these are find out.. it's awesome). He wanted a "man on the street" type interview video asking people about their love languages. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. David and Paul have watched it and I've been told they're very happy with it. A project that is coming up is the volunteers video for the big volunteer push the church is doing. Wendell has put together a really nice script that I think will bring the message about really clearly. I'm really looking forward to doing this video because I'll have a chance to plan it out and do it right. I'm also a little nervous because some things will be new to me, but God is stretching me. I'm beginning to step into more of a producer role in some of the ministries. It looks like my job is becoming more along the lines of "Producer, In House Media Productions". It's more like I'm not only doing video but I'm also directing and supervising the production of events. This is awesome because I have a real heart for doing things like that. I really enjoy producing and directing events. I've come up with some ideas on how to improve the events that a currently going on at the church and I hope to implement them soon. I've met some friends and I'm still impressed at how genuinly kind everyone at the church is. Tomorrow I'll be going to a Superbowl party at Tom's house. Tom does all the lighting for the main service at the church. There is going to be a bunch of media guys there so we should have a good time. Danielle comes to visit in four days! I'm going nuts! I can't wait to see her. I'm thinking of something special for the airport, but I can't say what yet. Her Dad and I are working on getting her a hotel room for the two weeks she'll be out. I can't wait to introduce her to everyone at the church. I know they are going to love her. I also know there are a ton of ways she can get plugged into what is going on at the church. I ran into Dakri tonight at the service and talked with him about how she sings. Dakri is one of the music leaders at the church. He asked me if she is good sing on a Sunday service. I told him I think she is. I totally think she. Danielle is so talented and amazing.. We're going to have a great time when she's out. God has been so good to me.

1 comment:

Danielle Potter said...

I love you............... my baby:)