Monday, January 10, 2005

I have been in Houston for one week. Everyone asks me "how do you like it so far" and so far, I like it :). I've enjoyed getting lost going various places and finding my way back around. I've met some wonderful people and had some good food. Yesterday I went to the Sunday service for the second time. I was really moved when Joel invited the ambassador of Malaysia and the Texas senator up to the front. He talked about how many people died and he began to weep. He prayed for the people that were effected by the Tsunami then everyone sat down. I enjoyed the service and was really encouraged by the message. After the service I met up with John to watch him do a shoot for Joel's book "Your Best Life Now". He was interviewing people about what they thought of the book. It was a good shoot. They had an Arri HMI as well as a few scrims and bounce cards. They were shooting on Digi Beta, too. After the shoot I followed John up to the switching room to watch him direct the video for the service. I learn so much each time I go up there. Earlier in the the week I met up with John, Dakri, Brian, and Schwa to see "The Polar Express" at the 3d IMax. If you haven't had a chance to see this, you must leave your seat now and go find the nearest one. What an awesome experience. After that John took Brian and I to Red Robin for a "bite to eat". What the heck does that mean, anyway? Now it's Monday and I start the week all over again! I've allready got a few projects to work on so I'll see how that goes. Danielle is coming in February and I can't wait to see her. It seems like these few months are going to creep by. I can't wait to marry her.

2 comments:

Danielle Potter said...

I love you so much Baby! Somehow the sun doesn't shine as brightly when you aren't with me:) (yes, it is actually sunny today!)
I miss you & I feel like these next few months are going way too slowly!

Love,
your baby:)

The Roach said...

HAHAHA smoochie smoochie!!!!!:P


yeah dude,

It will be alright. My wife and I had a long distance relationsip for 3 years and that was in seperate countries!!!!! Anyways. Congrats DAWG!!!

Roach