Wednesday, January 19, 2005

What an awesome day today! The Ikegami monitor and XLR cables came in. Jon also called me over to his office. At first I was nervous because I got that feeling of "Oh God, I know I haven't done anything wrong.. but... did I do anything wrong?!" Thankfully it was a very good thing. He asked me if I could go on a a shoot with them tomorrow. I thought about it for a little while.. threw the idea around and said yes before he finished asking :). Not really, but I jumped at the chance. We'll be conducting an interview with some professional sports guy. I'll be running the second camera while Schwa will be running the main camera. At least, that's what it looks like. We'll be leaving in the early afternoon, grabbing lunch then shooting the interview. I'm really really looking forward to it. At the same time I'm sad. My office will be ready on Friday but that means I'll be moving out of my little cubicle. I'll be moving away from the friends I've made in the "Rome" room on the second floor. It's cool because I'm around the staff and ministry leaders. They're good people. When I'm over in the other room I'll be pretty much alone. I'm thinking now I could still use the cubicle and only use the other room for my editing and such. That would be awesome. I know I'll be spending a majority of time editing, but not all of my time. We'll see what happens. On another note, I got my first check from Lakewood today. The budgeting begins. I have to find car insurance and set money aside for the future. I bought groceries tonight, which was cool. I'm going to do my best to save as much money as I can. Chris suggested a book for Danielle and I to go through with him for pre marital counseling. I'm really looking forward to discovering new things about our relationship. I just found out that she likes to play paintball! Freakin' sweeeeeet! I talk with Danielle almost every night and I really enjoy hearing her voice. Just listening to her helps calm me down at the end of the day. There's time when we're talking about tough stuff and I get frustrated or bugged, but the great thing is that when we talk about tough subjects we talk respectfully with eachother. We don't yell or try to heart eachother. We just talk and listen as much as we can. It's pretty cool :). I'm going paintballing this Saturday. I haven't gone in a long time and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm probbably going to only rent equipment this time. I'll probbably buy some later on. I think paintball is a pretty good sport to take up. Good times.

No comments: