Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Today marks my second day at Lakewood Church. Everything has gone really well so far. I've met all kinds of wonderful people and filled out all kinds of confusing paperwork. I arrived at my new apartment on the third and was really suprised. The apartments I'm staying at are fully furnished. It was ready for me to move in and live in (minus food). There is a pool, workout room, business room with computers and internet access, and gated entry. Unfortunatley, I don't have internet access in my room, so I brought my laptop to work so I can access my normal stuff. Today I'm going to be doing some planning for the future of the department. I like to think of it as my "Standards & Practices". I'm going to start working on forms, how I'll store my media, guidlines, etc. It's really awesome that I get to devleop this deparment in such a way that I'm comfortable working in. I'm not without supervision, but I'm not tied down either. The equipment list that I sent in was approved yesterday. My computer should be in the office in about a week. The other equipment might take a little longer. Once everything gets in I'll get setup and started it seems. I know that I'm going to have projects soon and I'm really looking forward to them. I've met some awesome people and I have a large opprotunity and adventure ahead of me. I guess I'll see what lies ahead. I really miss Danielle. Thankfully she'll be visiting in February. We have to figure out where to put her and how she'll get around. I know she doesn't like the idea of staying with someone she knows, so we have the option of a hotel or with me. If she stays with me we'll need someone around to keep us accountable. I know we won't do anything innapropriate but it's always good to be above reproach. One way or another, we'll figure it out and I can't wait to see her.

No comments: