Monday, January 17, 2005

This is my girl: I love 'er. I miss 'er. I wish she was with me right here right now. I'm still looking at condos, but my Dad has got me thinking about renting, too. The thing about renting for me is that I just see it as throwing money away. It's not really going anywhere, or doing anything. I do understand the wisdom in not buying until I'm sure it's where I want to be for a long time. Descions like this also freak the crap outta me. I get nervous just thinking about buying a new pair of shoes. I mean, to me it seems like a descion that is suppoused to last me a while. It's not like buying Coke or... well, let's face it there's nothing that really tops Coke. Regardless, it's something to think about. I've come across one or two really good condos and it's definatley a little hard wondering if they'll stay on the market or not. Thankfully I'm working with a great real estate agent. Danielle visits in February, which isn't coming fast enough. I've been spending the past few weekends at Steve and Gracie Berk's house. This weekend I'm going to buy some food and cook dinner for everyone. The Berks are really great people. They both work for airline companies. Steve said he could help Danielle and I out with plane tickets for the wedding. Wendell and I met with David about media needs for the "Married Life" ministry. February 11th they have an event and they'd like some video for it. So, we'll do some "man on the street" interviews at the church and cut the thing together for the event. I'm still waiting for all of my equipment to come in, so we'll see what happens when everything comes together. We also recieved a video request from the Children's ministry for video of Childrens lessons. They want video for March, April and May. So, we'll meet with Craig and see what that's all about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Renting isn't really 'throwing your money away.' You are getting a place to stay, no repairs, and amenities like a pool, secuity, etc. It's about 'hedging your bet' to make sure Houston is where you are going to be a while without risking a loss.

Danielle Potter said...

Lets pray about what God wants us to do regarding renting or buying. I agree that renting is like throwing your money away, but maybe we can save for awhile until we can afford something that is supercool & not something that is junky.
That picture of me is really creepy. I look like a dork, but whatever........:(

Love,
the future Mrs. Brian Potter

The Roach said...

What is creepy is that your girl is living at the Dream Center still uhhhhh!!! gives me the shivers seeing that door behind her:P


Scott