Thursday, March 18, 2004

I leave on Saturday morning to go back home for my sisters birthday. Before I go back home, I have to finish the Rebecca St. James show because we dub on Wednesday. I've realized that I can edit a show in one day at this point. That's pretty good, I guess. This Tuesday Action House did the Youth Fuego service. Youth Fuego is the youth group here at the Dream Center. It's comprised mostly of inner city kids that come from pretty rough neighborhoods. It's been awesome to see how these kids lives get changed. For the service I did a few things. The first thing I did was freestyle. Freestyle is when you rap without knowing what lyrics you're going to say. Apparently, I was the favorite. I said some pretty funny stuff. I also did lighting for the drama we did. I was thinking about how I'm getting into hip-hop a little bit. It's kind of strange, but if I hadn't of rapped that night then I would have not been able to minister to this one kid. During prayer time at the end I walked up to him and he recognized me from the stage. He was happy to see me. I asked him if he could pray for me and he was a bit taken back, but I could tell it meant alot to him. Because I was on the stage rapping that kid had respect for me and it allowed me to minister to him. It was awesome. Last night Shannon came over to hang with us in the lounge. After everyone left, me, Shannon and Marcella watched "Catch Me If You Can". We had both seen it so we would chat about the movie as it played. It was really nice to be able to talk with someone about movies. After the movie was done Marcella left and we chatted until late in the evening. We just talked. It was nice. I'm going to be working on the Rebecca St. James show tonight until late. Shannon gets off around midnight. I hope she's not too tired so I can take her out to get something to eat :).

No comments: