Monday, March 08, 2004

So yesterday was really eventful! Lemme give you the run down. Stephen picked me up at 8 am to play drums at his church. This was an awesome thing because ther is a professional drummer named Zoro who goes to Stephen's church. Currently, Zoro is playing for LENNY KRATVIZ! The guy is incredible. Well, I played drums and he played the congas. During the last slower song we really got into a nice groove thang baby! After all was said and done, he said that I "Did a great job." Good times. After this I came back to Action House and began to prepare for the Rebecca St. James shoot at 4. I wrote up the questions, segmets etc and gathered all of the equipment together. I couldn't find the JVC for a little while which really freaked me out, but eventually we got it and started to chage the batteries. Also before going one of the guys on the shoot crew accidently caught the wrong bus. So I had to grab another guy before we left to go with us. We took off late but made good time on the freeway. We arrived in Irvine and met up with Rebecca. Unfortunatly, we only had limited time with her so my ideas and plans flew out the window, which is totally cool because it is definatley not the first time on a shoot that's happened. We brought her out to the people in line and asked her questions with them and had her sign stuff. It was great. After that we went back inside and did some more interviews. I got her on stage and all that good stuff too. Wanna hear a funny story? Alright. I had ran backstage because I heard she was going on soon. I found her, flipped on my light and asked "Will I mess you up if I shoot you about to go on stage?" She said no. "Ok, because we wanted to get you going on." She said "That's great" and IMMEDIATLEY began to sing. Like, she was getting ready to sing ask I was talking to her. I almost crapped my pants because I was afraid I was interferring with her performance but she was totally cool, it was amazing. We finished with Rebecca and came back to the Dream Center. This is when things started to get interesting. Sally and I went to go see Stephen (her husband) play with a band he's in at some bar down the road. It was freakin' weird man. The people in there were all 80's grunge rock lookin'. But it was a bit different. Apparently it's called "Electroclash". Whatever it was it was crazy. The guys had this long, dark, helmet hair rockstart thing going on. The girls were.. well it's hard to describe. It was kind of liked dressed up but more rock star/grunge/hardcore. Light makeup, dark eyes. Losta skin though. One way or another it was a cool experience. So I grabbed Sally's camera (because they wanted me to shoot them playing) and did my thing. At first I was a bit intimidated and nervous but I quickly got more comfortable. I think I'm going to cut together a little music video or documentuary for them. I got back around 1:30 am tired but really excited. I had a great time. Stephen also told me he wanted to teach me bass so I could play with his church. Yesterday was a nice break away from the motonony of the Dream Center. On the way back home from Rebecca St. James I called up some friends and chatted which was nice. I'll be visiting home for my sister's birthday, so that will be nice too.

No comments: