Wednesday, March 31, 2004

I've been up for 22 hours, but it's ok. And then suddenly it's not. I should explain. We're trying to get a show out today and I've been up working on it. It's taking so long only because I went out last night, which I'm going to write about because I don't want to forget. Tuesday was a typical Tuesday. Staff meeting at 8:30, then work until forever. I was working with Mz and Mallory on their shows. Mz's show is the one I'm working on dubbing right now. But Tuesday was also different. Shannon wanted to meet up with me at 4:30 to go visit her college for some kind of suprise trip. Thankfully it was a crazy busy day so 4:30 came fairly quickly. I met Shannon at the girl's home that she works at. We took off with her friends Andy and Liz, both of which I am good friends with now. We arrived at the college. This was a weird thing because I had stayed at the very same college about a year ago because I was shooting a documentuary on a ministry. I stayed at the very same college we were visiting that day. Small world. Anyway, we headed to the cafeteria and grabbed some food. As we ate I met Shannon's college buddies. Everyone was very friendly and outgoing, it was cool. I was really just enjoying watching everyone and being quiet. From the cafeteria we jumped into Shannon's car and headed out. It turns out we were going to a church where Hillsong United (a worship band/youth group) was having a concert. Unfortunatley all of the seats in the sanctuary were full so we went to the overflow areas. The worship was awesome! I only knew a few songs, but I really enjoyed myself. After the show we headed back to the college. Shannon had a dance class so I hung out with Andy in "The Cove". "The Cove" is the hangout spot of the college kids. It has two pool tables, a air hockey table, foosball, a Xbox, Playstation 2, a Gamecube and more stuff. I played pool with Andy, Tom and some other guy who's name I forgot. We had a great time. My team ended up winning and I didn't even know it. It was great. While I waited I got to talk with some of Shannons friends which was awesome. They are all really great people. When Shannon got back Andy, Shannon and myself headed off to Denny's for some food. After we were done there we dropped Andy off and headed back to the Dream Center, but first we made a quick stop. This is where things got really awesome. Shannon brought me to a place where she had brought some of the girls from the Teen Discipleship home. Apparently one of the girls was quitting drugs cold turkey and needed to get out of the house, so Shannon brought her another girl to this cliff overlooking San Dimas. When they arrived the girls got out and just started to yell at the top of their lungs. They would just scream and pray and scream and pray. It's really what they needed apparently. Shannon told me that the four of them really became close that night. So, she brought me to her favorite of places in all of Southern California. There we stood, overlooking the city in all it's splendor. Our little legs chattering in the cold night. Then, suddenly, the sprinklers hissed on. It was awesome. I started laughing as we bolted for the car. I was running down a path when I saw a sprinkler up ahead and changed my course. Shannon yelled at me asking what I was doing, but I just kept running. She headed down the sprinkler path and got nailed. It was great. We had a really good laugh. I won't forget it. Now I'm stuck in the Sub room TRYING to dub off this Rj Helton show. I'm running into time issues and technical difficulties again. Hopefully this show will get out in time. Thank God that he's on my side. Forgive me Lord for not placing my trust in you.

No comments: