Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Birds don't chirp, or squak, or peep at 7:00 a.m running around a lake, they laugh. Getting into Beth's car, I was greeted by about 10 of those little dogs with the bobby heads lined up directly in front of me. I actually screamed for a good five seconds. I'm riding in the car, thinking this is going to be soooo good but so bad. I was sweating and heaving and aching, then I stopped stretching and started jogging. Just as we got started I turned to Beth and said "I forgot how much I really miss this." And I do, I miss really started to miss running. I think I'll start going every other day. Around the first bend was an open view of the lake. It was beautiful because the fog was heavy and off to the distance so the lake lookend endless. Little black ducks peppered the surface and coasted about the liquid glass. The temprature was just perfect and there was hardly anyone around. Beth runs a route that's a little different than the one I usally go about and I realized I'm a bit of a habitual person because I nearly had a nervous breakdown as we went along the dirt road instead of going straight after the bridge. I'll be traumatized for months.

One thing I forgot about jogging was the shin problem. For the first few minutes I really thought I would have to stop because my right shin hurt SO bad every other step. I did eventually warm up and stop hurting. Beth was awesome, I'm so proud of that girl. She actually went around two times. Which was a good thing because there was this girl that was running around the lake too and she was pretty cute so I got to see her running around twice. Luckly for us, the killer geese of death aren't around the lake anymore too. My friend Justin and I used to go running alot and actually developed a kind of fear of geese because they are fearless relatively BIG creatures of the lake. The geese don't have a usual sound either, they have a truly angry and malice noise that comes out of them.
"Back off, or I'll take a chunk out of leg!"
I have a feeling geese would be really nasty drivers. Overall, a wonderful jogging experience. Now, I'm going to go back to bed and have nighmares of laughing foul.

-BRiAN

No comments: