Thursday, March 13, 2003

Houstin, we have liftoff. Today started with a real bang... when I woke up I think I popped something in my neck and now I can barley move. It's like one section of muscles has hardened and stabs my neck when I move. I'll live, I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it! So my car is broken. Poor thing. I think it might be the starter but I'm delaying bringing it into any shop because I can't afford to fix it right now. It's going to be a bit of quandry in the next two weeks or so, we'll see what happens. The great thing about having a jacked up neck is that your mom brings you all kinds of great stuff! Snacks galore and muscle relaxant, who could ask for anything more? Strange things were happening with Jeff last night. I recorded the sequnence of events for your viewing pleasure.
Jeff gets dressed up in his "homey g" outfit
Starts ranting about how we wants to kill the cat, searches about and finnally grabs her. I was hoping he was going to throw her across the room but he didn't.
He got all cute about it instead. Jerk.


I stumbled the other day an outright sinned. I gave into temptaion and I feel awful about it for a few reasons. First of all, God has been so good to me. He's provided a job (which I wasn't sure I was going to get). He's provided food, clothing a place to live, an awesome roommate, and amazing friends. Over the past few days I've been getting back into the swing of things in my relationship with Him. I've been reading my Bible, and getting down on my knees regularly. It's been awesome spending time with God again. Then I stumble. I give right in and I know I'm doing it. The amazing and awesomething about God is that he doesn't take me down right then and there (and he could because he's worthy to). Instead, he shows me mercy, grace, compassion and love. He takes me into his arms, wipes the yuck off and says he knows I'm sorry. Oh to be released from this mortal body! I want to be free from sin so badly! I can't stand giving into temptaion over and over. I can't sleep, I can't pray, I feel so seperated from God during those times. But thanks be to God who sets me free! His love endures forever and his faithfulness is everlasting! I can be from my sin through the power of Jesus Christ! Be encouraged if you are reading this, we serve a God who loves us as we are, but doesn't want us to stay that way. I stumbled the other day and my God still loves me.

-BRiAN

No comments: