Tuesday, March 11, 2003

What a day! Wow, lots happening. First of all.. I GOT THE JOB AT PLAYERS! Woo! I'm going to meet with Glen, the manager on Tuesday and I'll probably start Thursday. I am so happy I got the job. Man, am I a big panzy for not trusting God? Yes, I am. That was such a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders. I forgot to say what I'll be doing. Glen had Jeff talk to me about my personality and how he was worried that if he put me in the back then I would feel stifled. With this in mind, he decided that I, and I quote "Would be a great host." I was SO stoked to hear that! I'd LOVE to be a host! My job will be making a great first impression and maintaining good communication with the customer right off the bat (among other things). I am going to love doing this job. At least, right off the bat. I know that down the line it'll get to be not such a great job blah blah blah, but for now I'm happy. Anyway, enough about Players.

So today Chris, Jeff and I did our first "CCBW" job. CCBW stands for Central Coast Business Works, that's our company :). We're installing the network and phone system at a shop that installs "headers" for "cars" and "trucks". First of all, I thought that when we went over there today we were just going to meet with the owner, Dan, to talk about the job. So I dressed in dress type dress (I was out of skirts). I'm wearing my black pants, striped shirt and the cool shoes I bought myself. I'm going to keep 'em dirty so I can take a picture of how nasty they looked. We ended up running cable all up in the ceiling and everything. There was DUST and RUST and NASTINESS everywhere, I was completely filthy in .25 seconds. Outrage, total outrage. Then I got over it. So, tomorrow we're going to wrap things up and wait for them to finish the construction part of their office so we can finish the job. So, reviewing, got the Players job, did my first CCBW job, job job job! Yay! Income once again. What a day!

-BRiAN

I go running tomorrow.. gah.

No comments: