Monday, March 17, 2003

    So, I'm reading about this "possible" war with Iraq. I'm reading about what Vice President Dick Cheney has to say. What people in London, France, Iraq, Kuwait, and the United States have to say. What Tom Brokaw, Ari Fletcher, Joe John's and others are saying. I'm also reading about the protesters and the supporters. And since I've brought up "religion" in my Blog, here goes politics. First of all, this is where I stand: If my President says we need to go to war, lets go. Will people die in a war? Absolutely. Do people have the right to protest a war? Of course. Here's the thing about protesting a war though, if you're protesting in hopes of "world peace" or "no more war" then you are out of luck. War is inevitable, ongoing, never ending. There will always be war. You may be saying "But it doesn't have to be that way." Yes, it does. That fact of the matter is that there will never stop being war until Jesus comes. There will never be world peace, there will never be total harmony, there will always be the breaking down of society and world politics. Now, to clarify, I'm not a morbid or pessimistic person. "Yeah, Right." you say, but I'm not. I believe people can live at peace with one another, but I don't believe that there will be peace throughout the world.

    There are a few things I wish I was doing right now about the war.

#1: Staging Anti-Anti-War protests.
I would love to stage a Anti-anti-war protest simply because it's a minority thing to do. Plus, I think that people are just going with the flow and not really thinking on their own. I know this because I've talked with a few people who simply have no real idea about what is going on. Usually our conversations end with "Yeah, whatever we just shouldn't go after Iraq." Which is in part my fault because I'm not explaining my point of view well enough. One common mis-conception is that we're going after oil. I won't even go into that unless you want me to.

#2: Shipping off to Kuwait and get ready to fight
Some might say, "No!" Others might say, "Go for it Brian! We don't want to read your rants anyway!" Regardless, I'd love to ship out and get ready to defend the freedom of my country. Also, I wanna shoot those huge tank killing missile things.

So, however you feel about the "possible" war with Iraq, I encourage you to tune into your news tonight at 5:00 pm to listen to our President address the nation. Because one way or another the way things are going we'll be at war by the end of the week.

-BRiAN

No comments: