Friday, March 28, 2003

So, good day at work!! Man.. I really enjoy thinking up things to throw off the waitresses and change up their day. For example, I told about 6 tables in a waitresses section that it was her birthday. It wasn't, of course, but she got told about 15 times "Happy Birthday!" Another girl was told "Congratulations on your wedding!" Oh man. It was awesome. The waitresses loved it.
Jeff, my roommate, told me today that a customer had complained. Don't worry! It was stupid, I swear! Here's what happened. I told him that his waitress "Was the best five star French waitress in all of France." Obviously, so not the case. She's Latin. Anyway.. he told her this (I swear these were his exact words):

"You should tell the host that he really should not tell people you're from France, 'cause we're not having very good relations with them right now."

When.. if ever.. have American's LIKED THE FRENCH?! We renamed our fries for goodness sakes. FRIES! These are little pieces of potatoes fried in FAT and we renamed them because "we weren't having good relations." Sure, we helped them in World War II, but that's because we're America and we rock. I will give the French this though, the Statue of Liberty was a pretty nice thing to give :). She's cute. *pets his statue of liberty*. Anyway. So there was that and I just shook my head and thought,
"Of all things to 'warn' against... it's 'stay away from the French waitress' thing."
I could understand if I had said:
"This is I-wanna-be-servin, you're waitress from Afghanistan." or,
"You're regular waitress, Jessica, won't be in but we have this really amazing terrorist who will be boarding your table and taking it over with a nail file."

Oh no, Brian! Don't pick on people from Afghanistan! Don't stereotype! Sorry folks, but that country just doesn't leave a good taste in your mouth right now. I don't have anything against anybody. I have friends that are black, white, brown, blue, salmon, and that weird color that shows up when you turn your eyes really far left or really far right. I'm down with people from all over. So there's that.

-BRiAN

No comments: